Friday, July 19, 2013

Breathing Prayer

Breathing Prayer


I am so amazed by the opportunities that come my way! I understand that doors open as a result of prayer, but it is still amazing to see how things unfold. Sometimes I receive things I didn't personally even pray for. Often, it's the prayers by others for us that we are unaware of that His will is ushered forth.

Do you ever get yourself in something and realized you didn't really seek God? I take prayer for granted, I move out too often without consulting the full counsel of God. I speak my mind without always using the wisdom of God and therefore get myself in trouble. I can think I am so right in the moment and yet be so wrong. Lord, help me say and do nothing without first consulting and hearing from you.

Colossians 4:2 "Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart."

Definition of alert: Quick to notice any unusual and potentially dangerous or difficult circumstances; vigilant.

Lord, help me be more alert, more aware of my surroundings, more spiritually sensitive, so I can make proper judgment through the eyes of the Word with the heart of God.

My prayer request like Paul in Colossians 4 should be that I can proclaim His message clearly, living wisely, making the most of every opportunity, that my conversations be gracious and attractive, drawing others to Him. I need to stay away from discussions that are divisive that stir people's emotions but do not benefit God.

God may open a door but if I do not go through wisely, the doors that once were open can quickly close, God gives and takes away. It is through prayer we receive God's promises and it is through prayer that His promises are maintained.

"As breathing is too natural life, praying is too spiritual life, we cannot exist without it."

No comments:

Post a Comment